Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Classes at the Wagnalls Library

This is the quilt I made and displayed at Wagnalls Library for this series of classes. Tonight was the second class in the 5 weeks series. We had 6 there tonight. Lisa couldn't make it. We figured she was tied  up in work. She travels from Newark to get to Lithopolis. We miss you Lisa! It was Sandy's first night so I got her started on cutting and putting her first block together. She was so proud of it! Pat had enough blocks to put up on the design wall and get all her rows in order and ready to sew. The quilt is called Ritzy Cracker, designed by Mary Lane Brown. It's a free pattern from http://www.modabakeshop.com/. It's a pretty easy top to put together and it finishes quickly.




I'm thinking the next project at the library will be applique. I have a table runner made up of the Dresden Plate blocks. I'll take it next week and see if the girls want to do it next. These are only two of the blocks. There are five all together and it measures 12"x60". You could make it what ever size you like. I just happen to have a long buffet.

Three of the ladies that joined the group last week are members of the Blue Star Mothers. I know they want to sew for the troops so I need to think of something we can do that's patriotic. I have a pattern in mind, but I need more fabric. Imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment